Moving House Made Easy with The Brighton Removal Company
Undertaking a house move is considered one of the most stressful things that you can do in your life next to moving office space in London. Planning and preparation is the key to a successful move.
Here is a brief list:
- Make a list of all the important names, addresses and numbers associated with the move.
- List all the utility bills that are associated both with your old home and the new house.
- Notify the utility companies and take final readings for them so that your bills can be correctly calculated.
- Contact the Post Office and redirect your mail.
- Get some change of address cards ready for friends and family.
- Organise a change of address for your internet and cable television services.
- Book the relevant companies to come and fit a cable / TV services for your new house.
- You will need to have a good tidy up and sort out.
- Recycle or throw away unwanted items.
- Empty your fridge and freezer a few days before you move and defrost. Keep only essential items like a pint of milk in the fridge.
It is a good idea to put together a box of important items that you may need on the move day that you will keep with you. Remember a kettle and some mugs, tea, coffee and sugar. Other things to keep in your box might include: valuable items or items of sentimental value, medicines, money and credit cards, snacks, keys, towels, toilet paper, hand soap, some cutlery and crockery (can be plastic), cleaning materials, scissors, pen, matches, screwdriver, torch.
Remember to leave instructions for the boiler and for any appliances that are being left behind. Leave information on the location of the water stopcock and gas and electricity meters. Don’t forget to leave out window keys and keys to any outdoor buildings.